Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Food

The only way to get Lynda to open her mouth wide enough to put a spoonful of food in is to get her to smile. So in turn eating has become the Lynda and Mommy comedy hour. I have to keep the routine fresh or otherwise she knows what is going to happen and doesn't find it funny. We didn't have the best eating session today, but she was really happy afterwards so I captured this small video. So far this is day two of sweet potatoes and she is not a fan. Yesterday when I gaver her her first taste she kept them in her mouth for a second, looked puzzled, then stuck out her tounge as far as it would go and wiped her tounge off with her lips. We'll keep trying. I can't say that I blame her though - I don't even like sweet potato. While I prepare Lynda's food (I'm making all of her baby food) I am making myself try everything including the things I don't like. I figured if I'm forcing Lynda to try it so should I. Well, to date I still don't like bananas and Lynda does, and I don't hate sweet potato as much as I used to... maybe I'll keep trying that one to see if I can grow to like it.